Manual Contact Search
The search window allows you to search for specific contacts in the directory by simply typing a search expression. Any column in the database will be searched for this expression. The search will immediately narrow the grid result down as you type. A search expression can contain multiple fragments, for example "dav sales" will return matching records "David" and "Dave" in the sales department.
When the grid is populated with the search results the presence indicators for each entry will be shown. It might take several seconds before all presence data is available and all presences are shown.
To clear the previous search results press the clear icon.
Use the shortcut key ESCAPE (Esc) to set the focus to the directory search field and clear the previous search expression.
Search for Same Department or Business Unit
To search within the same department as a selected contact press the search icon right to the department, company or business unit field. To return to the previous search result press the back button.
Custom Data Fields
Directory entries show 10 custom data fields. These fields can contain user-defined content. The labels and data types of these fields are system wide defined in the server configuration file. See the System Administrator's manual for more information in this topic.
Contacts can be shown in various views:
- List view shows condensed information and is suitable to show many contacts together
- Detail view shows detailed information on all fields that contain information. Note that the visible fields can be limited using the settings icon on the panel.
Creating a New Contact Entry
Add a new contact entry with the Add Directory Entry button [+]. This opens the directory entry card. When all data has been entered press save to store the new contact in the database.
To store a picture on the contact provide an image URI with the location of the image, for example "http://my.company.com/img/141ca0e.jpg".
When creating an entry it is possible to set the visibility of the contact entry, this setting cannot be modified anymore. Items that are visible for yourself only can only be searched, modified and deleted by yourself and by system administrators. Items that are visible for anyone can be searched, modified and deleted by anyone.
Note: Contact entries can also be imported from text file or created from an LDAP coupling. Consult the system administrators manual for more information.
Updating or Delete Existing Contacts
Update existing contacts by selecting a directory entry and pressing the Edit button. This opens the directory card. Change the required fields or press cancel to leave the card without any change.
To delete the entry press the delete button.
From the contact card action can be started such as making a new call, transfer a call or compose a templated email.
To initiate a new call to a contact either
- Left-click a phonenumber on the contact card
- Right-click the contact card and select "Make Call" and the phone number
- Drop the card into My Workspace.
Blind or Consultive Transfer Call
To blind transfer a call to a contact either
- Select a contact card and press the blind- or consultive transfer button on the call
- Right-click the contact
- Drop the call from My Workspace on the contact, or to an attendant or queue.
To send a templated email either
- Click the email address on the contact card
- Right-click the contact and select Send Email
Initiate Chat Conversation
To initiate a templated chat conversation either
- Click the chat address on the contact card
- Right-click the contact and select Start Chat Conversation
For more details see Chat Conversations.
Note that this feature may not be available on your system, dependent on the system configuration.
Open Contact Detail Card
A detail card is shown when a contact is selected. When another contact is selected this will replace the previous opened card, unless the card gets pinned (icon upper right corner).
To permanently open a contact detail card either
- Drop the contact on the dynamic items region
- Click the Detail icon on the card
- Right-click and select Show Contact Details and Calendar
Add or Remove from Favorites
Contacts can be added from the favorites panel by
- Right-click the contact and select Add to Favorites
- Drag the contact on the favorites panel
- Right click the contact and select Remove from Favorites
- Drag the contact from the favorite panel to the contacts panel
Edit or Delete a Contact
A contact can be deleted by
- Right-click the contact and select Edit
- Double-click a contact
Contact Detail Card
The contact card shows details of contacts such as calendar information, presence, and data fields. Multiple contact cards can be shown alongside each other. The calendar can be expanded to show appointments in daily, weekly or monthly view.
The schedule table shows the MS Outlook calendar of the selected contact entry from the directory or favorites. The appointments can be displayed per day or for an entire week. By default the panel opens with the current day and time visible.
With the zoom slider in the lower right corner you can increase or decrease the visible timeframe.
Note: The schedule panel remains empty if the the selected contact entry does not have an email address or if the email address cannot be found on the Exchange server. The panel is not visible when no connection to Outlook has been configured.
Note: The visible office hours (start - and endtime) can be changed in My Settings.